Edelman has an exciting in-house opportunity for a marketing professional in the Chicago office. We are seeking a confident, entrepreneurial-minded account executive to drive internal and external marketing efforts for Edelman Chicago. This self-starter will be responsible for helping to drive the marketing plan forward through external events, strategic sponsorship efforts, IP rollouts, social media outreach, media relations and more. This individual will also play a key role in developing office-wide internal communications and planning internal events.
- Play a major role in the research, planning and execution of all marketing initiatives and events
- Demonstrate proficiency in writing, editing and proofreading internal and external communications materials ensuring quality and consistency with AP writing style
- Manage projects working with staff and vendors, including tracking financial details
- Work directly with the office president and management team to coordinate external marketing opportunities
- Execute on Midwest growth strategy for Edelman Chicago; contributing to planning events and activities in key markets
- Proactively seek out opportunities to leverage our Subject Matter Experts and increase Edelman’s visibility in the marketplace
- Plan and execute internal events including lunch and learns, happy hours and all-staff meetings and parties
- Demonstrate tactical proficiency in media relations, including creating and driving outreach plans, message development and effective pitching
- Demonstrate practical and advanced understanding of social media and the digital landscape and proficiency in community management of Edelman’s social channels
- Contribute to client communications marketing work when opportunities arise
- Proactively propose improvements to our process and capabilities
- Commit to continuous learning through Edelman University and other training opportunities
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Edelman’s values and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- The account executive must have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and at least two years of relevant experience in public relations and/or marketing.
- Additionally, the candidate must have excellent interpersonal and communications skills, the demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once and the confidence to work independently and with senior level executives with little supervision.
- Interest in employee engagement, marketing and PR is a must.
- The candidate should have a solid grasp of communications marketing as well as strong research, writing and editing skills.
- S/he will have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- S/he should have a demonstrated ability to develop traditional and digital media relations’ recommendations and have previous exposure and knowledge of managing social media accounts.
- S/he will have a proven ability to plan and execute small-to-large scale events.
- S/he should have excellent organization and communication skills and composure to adapt to changing deadlines
- S/he must be a self-starter, confident and adept at relationship building.
- S/he should also be proactive, independent and dedicated to consistently providing quality work.
Edelman is a leading global communications marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014; six Cannes Lions in 2015; and the Grand Prix in the Titanium category in 2016. The firm was named “2016 Global Agency of the Year” by the Holmes Report, and one of Advertising Age’s “Agencies to Watch” in 2014. In 2015, Edelman was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the fifth time. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency. Visit http://www.edelman.com for more information.
Take a peek behind the scenes of our US operation at https://edelman.us.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.